Welcome from Our CEO
In 1972 a group of dedicated citizens created Community Treatment, Inc. (COMTREA). The doors opened in the spring of 1974. Over the last forty years COMTREA has expanded to become a comprehensive community health center as it responded to the needs of our neighbors.
Our Federally Qualified Health Center remains committed to its mission to be innovative, effective and responsive to the needs of Jefferson County, South St. Louis County and other parts of the St. Louis Metropolitan area. We are committed to assisting these areas in securing adequate mental health, substance abuse and family counseling care in addition to physical health care and dental preventive services. We reassert that emotional and social problems, chemical abuse, domestic abuse, health care, dental care and psychiatric illnesses are major concerns of today. We believe that COMTREA must take a leadership role in addressing these issues for the health and welfare of all citizens in our county. We also continue to believe that COMTREA must address issues of concern through direct patient care, prevention and educational efforts, legislative initiatives and continued staff training in the most up-to-date methodologies for their respective disciplines.
COMTREA exists to serve those in need; we believe that our clients are entitled to the best professional care, in the most comfortable surroundings, at the most reasonable price possible. This we pledge to do.
- Dr. Stephen F. Huss, President and CEO
- A private, non-profit 501(c)3 organization.
- An integrated, comprehensive Federally Qualified Health Center providing medical, dental services for children, and psychiatric services.
- The community mental health center for Jefferson County, designated by the Jefferson County Commission.
- The administrative agent for the Psychiatric Services Division of the Missouri DMH (Department of Mental Health) for Jefferson County.
- The comprehensive substance treatment and rehabilitation facility for Jefferson County and St. Louis County (South of Highways 40 and 44).
- The domestic abuse shelter advocate for Jefferson County.
- The alcohol and drug abuse treatment facility for Jefferson County and surrounding areas, as well as the city of St. Louis, certified by the Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Division of the Missouri DMH.