The Federal Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) ON July 20, 2012 announced that COMTREA will expand its services to serve the general medical needs of the Jefferson County residents and is designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
In its award, HRSA noted that Comtrea:
· “demonstrates a thorough knowledge and understanding … of existing primary health care services currently available in the service area, including gaps in services;”
· understands “geographic/transportation barriers and the unique health care needs of the target population that affect access to primary health care, health care utilization and/or health status;”
· has “a long and successful collaborative history and will also establish project specific collaborations;”
· has “very strong strategic planning, Clinical and Financial Performance Measures, and an experienced evaluation team;”
· is “dedicated to appropriately serving the community;” and
· has “an experienced management team.”